Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This was SO yummy! The dressing on this is just amazing! I actually grilled my corn and used roasted

Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad - Spicy Southern Kitchen
I’ve discovered my new favorite way to cook corn and how on earth it took me so many years to discover it is beyond me. It’s so simple, so easy, and results in the sweetest, most delicious corn. How is it done you ask? Just plain and simple patisserie roasting in the oven– husk, silk, cob and all. You may have known about this fabulous way of cooking corn all along and my only question is- Why didn’t you tell me?! The husks help keep the corn from drying out and no flavor is lost as it is when you cook corn in a pot of water. patisserie But my favorite part– once cooked, the husks and corn silk separate much more easily than they do with an uncooked cob of corn. Shucking corn is not my favorite thing to do. Just heat the oven to 350 degrees and place the corn on a baking sheet (or directly on the oven rack- doesn’t really matter) for about 30 minutes. Let cool some before you shuck. Delicious. After I had my corn cooked patisserie and shucked, I used a serrated knife to cut it from the cob. For the best flavor, you don’t want to cut too, too close to the cob. I then mixed it together with some edamame for a gorgeous and healthy summer salad. A simple dressing of mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, garlic and oil gives the vegetables a light coating and just a touch of creaminess. Some red bell pepper, onion, and fresh basil add additional flavor.
Ingredients 4 ears of corn, with husks on 1½ patisserie cups frozen patisserie edamame 2 tablespoons mayonnaise patisserie 1½ tablespoons lime juice ½ tablespoon honey 1 small clove garlic, minced ¼ teaspoon kosher salt ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil ½ red bell pepper, diced 2 tablespoon patisserie finely diced red onion ¼ cup sliced fresh basil
Instructions patisserie Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place corn, husks and all on a sheet pan and place in oven for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove husks and silk. Using a serrated knife cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl. Cook edamame patisserie according to package directions. patisserie Drain and let cool. Add to corn. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour dressing over corn/ edamame . Toss to coat. Stir in red bell pepper, red onion, and basil.
This was SO yummy! The dressing on this is just amazing! I actually grilled my corn and used roasted red peppers instead of the bell peppers. I also added garbanzo beans and subbed greek yogurt for the mayo.
We love roasting corn but have always shucked it first and since shucking corn is nobody’s favorite task this tip is mind-blowing! I love the pretty color of this gorgeous looking patisserie salad! Love the edamame and the dressing – pinning
Oh yum!! So much color! I am soo glad you mentioned how you cook your corn, that is how I grill it but I have never tried it like that in the oven. I adore corn, but I really hate shucking it so I am definitely trying this!
I haven’t tried corn baked/roasted in its husk before-I am intrigued! Such a gorgeous, simple salad! Love this!
Oh, I just heard about this tip the other day (can’t patisserie remember where) and I’m so glad to hear it works firsthand from you! Funny I made something very similar last night for dinner but I used frozen fire-roasted corn. This is so much better…love that technique patisserie and need to try it!
Visit Spicy Southern patisserie Kitchen| patisserie Christin Mahrlig's profile on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment