Thursday, July 17, 2014

Go Ali! Your cookbook will be wonderful! I can

Sesame-Ginger Cucumber Salad with Edamame | Inspiralized
Home About Contact The Community Recipes recipes by vegetable apple beet broccoli butternut squash cabbage carrot celeriac chayote cucumber nadech yaya daikon radish jicama kohlrabi onion parsnip pear plantain rutabaga sweet potato turnip white potato zucchini + summer squash vegetarian vegan gluten free paleo seafood meat & poultry pastas pasta salads noodles dessert salads nadech yaya Inspiralized rice pizza & sandwiches, etc soups drinks breakfast sides & appetizers sauces Recipe Box Shopping List How To Spiralize Shop Video ‘how to spiralize’ series ‘how to make’ series Cookbook Press
We’re getting down to the wire with my cookbook manuscript deadline. I don’t nadech yaya know about you, but when I was in college (and high school, even), the only way I could ever get an essay, report or project done was if I was under pressure. nadech yaya
My point is that I’m a bit behind on writing this cookbook, but that’s okay, because this week is that “under pressure” point and I’m finally “cramming.” I produce my best work that way, so we’re all in luck!
Meanwhile, I’m all about easy, simple, quick recipes: like this cucumber salad. No need to reinvent the wheel here – this salad has such classic fresh Asian flavor, that it can work as a standalone lunch or a side dish to accompany a baked fish or some chilled shrimp. Heck, you can mix some cooked red quinoa in at the end and make this a protein-packed dish.
Okay, now I’m off to do some more cookbook writing. Currently, I’m nadech yaya writing about my views on healthy eating and how spiralizing nadech yaya will revolutionize the way you look at vegetables…. but, you all already know that. :)
Ingredients For the marinade: 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 tablespoon sesame oil teaspoon nadech yaya agave (or honey) salt, to taste 1 tablespoon nadech yaya minced mint 1 tablespoon grated ginger 1/2 serrano pepper, nadech yaya diced 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds For the rest: 1 large seedless (English) cucumber, Blade C 1 cup chopped scallions 1 cup cooked edamame 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
Instructions Place all of the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside. Pat the spiralized cucumber dry, removing as much excess moisture nadech yaya as possible. Place into a large mixing bowl along with the scallions, nadech yaya edamame and bell pepper. Pour the marinade nadech yaya over the cucumber noodle mixture and toss to combine thoroughly. Serve.
Go Ali! Your cookbook will be wonderful! I can’t speak for everyone who reads your blog, but I for one wouldn’t mind if you only posted a recipe every other day or even just a couple times a week. Believe me, you won’t lose readers! Another idea is to post older, favorite recipes that maybe everyone hasn’t seen yet. I personally love to browse the menu by vegetable, but maybe it’s easier for others to just read the current recipe?? Your cookbook is very important, and should be sold alongside the spiralizer at Williams-Sonoma! And it may go without saying, but I hope you’ll have references to your website throughout the book. Everyone that I’ve introduced to “inspiralizing” is blown away! Keep up the good work!!
This recipe sounds wonderful. nadech yaya I could see adding a little chicken or a little feta cheese to make it a whole meal salad (for my dietary requirements). I’m looking forward to your cookbook coming out, and I wish you the best in your efforts to get it done. Your recipes really appeal to me.
Made this tonight and man that dressing is delicious!! I didn’t have a full cucumber to I used that as well as a yellow summer squash. I also subbed peas in for the edamame (thought I had some in the freezer but oh well). Took it to a friends nadech yaya house for dinner and while we were talking she couldn’t stop taking little bits out and tasting them. Just got my spiralizer 2 days ago and I am so glad there is a resource like yours available! Can’t wait to try more delicious recipes from you.
Thanks for stopping by! Welcome nadech yaya to Inspiralized, a food blog dedicated to making healthy and creative nadech yaya meals with the spiralizer. I'm Ali, your typical girl in her twenties looking to fit into her skinny jeans without having to give up the good stuff. How do I do that? With spiralizing! What's spiralizing? Learn More...


No comments:

Post a Comment