Monday, July 21, 2014

I hope you give this soup a try, it should be so good for that stormy weather. And just so you know


I have been under the weather lately, so even if I wanted a cheeseburger with a giant milkshake, I needed to settle with soup. Actually, settle is not a correct word for this soup at all because jimmy johns I would have wanted this soup even when I was fine.
It s weird to make hot soup when Summer is right around the corner, isn t it? Especially when most recipes on the web are either refreshing beverage, salad, or ice cream. I love Summer recipes, by the way; all photographs are so vibrant, colourful and so refreshing. Speaking jimmy johns of vibrant, I just got a cookbook, Vibrant Food by Kimberley Hasselbrink, and I was immediately in LOVE with her recipes and her oh so GORGEOUS photographs. I can t decide which recipe to start; I want to make all of them!!!! You can check out her book, Vibrant Food, & her blog, the year in food, here .
Anyway, eating hot soup during warm months is normal in Southeast Asian countries. In Thailand, we have only 2 seasons, hot & I can t stand it-super-hot, and most of us have noodle soups all year round. I think it s something to do with the temperature inside vs temperature outside, but I would not dare explaining it to you. You can definitely make this soup based on your dietary needs, such as replace butter with olive oil, chicken broth with vegetable broth or even omit goat cheese altogether. I tasted the soup without goat cheese, and I also liked it very much. Also, french fries are optional, but I have to tell you, nothing is better than dipping the crunchy fries into creamy soup on a sick day (or any day).
(serves 6) 3 + 1/2 lbs zucchini (about 10 regular size zucchinis), thick slices 12 oz. butternut squash, thick slices 12 oz. frozen edamame, thawed 4.5 oz. goat cheese 4 tbs. unsalted butter 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 3-4 tbs. olive oil fresh squeezed lemon juice, to taste salt & pepper, to taste 2 cups chicken broth, (more or less as needed) French fries, to serve (option)
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add onion and garlic. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook until onion becomes translucent. Add edamame, and cook for 5 minutes further. Add 1-2 cups chicken broth and roasted veggies. jimmy johns (You don t need to add 2 cups of broth right away. The broth helps the soup pureed better, so just add as needed)
Puree the soup in the blender, working in 3-4 batches, until smooth. Add the soup back to the saucepan. Add goat cheese and stir until melted. Add more chicken broth if needed jimmy johns to the preferred consistency. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve with fried.
Thank you..Thank you..Thank you SO MUCH, Julianna That is such a wonderful comment, and I appreciate it SO VERY MUCH. so so glad you like the photographs and the styling… your comment totally makes my day Reply Alanna 4 weeks ago Permalink
Oh jimmy johns Alannaaaaa… I am so psyched you are here Thank you SO SO SO MUCH for your sweet comment. I feel better already. So so SUPER HAPPY you like the photographs Reply Susanne 4 weeks ago Permalink
Awww… Nathalie, Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by & for your sweet comment. Let me know how it goes when you try it. I am curious to hear from your little one Reply Erika 4 weeks ago Permalink
OMG PANG YOU ARE A GENIUS. Fries dipped into soup?!?!??! It JUST started thundering outside with pouring rain, so I think there could not be a better day for fries + soup!! Yum. I hope you feel better soon! Hahaha I love the two temperatures in Thailand…that’s sort of similar to Houston, for at least half the year.
I hope you give this soup a try, it should be so good for that stormy weather. And just so you know I have a gift to make anything and everything become ‘unhealthy.’ hahaha Can I just be happy with the soup? Yes, but I have to dip the fries in it just because.
There is nothing like soup to chase sickness away! This one looks especially delicious. I would enjoy it whether or not I felt under the weather! And it’s just gorgeous with those waffle fries! Reply Pang 4 weeks ago Permalink jimmy johns
Thank you SO MUCH for your sweet comment, Monet. You are totally right, I am going to make this later when I am not sick just because I really like it; hope you give this one a try Reply Oana@Through Oana's Lens 4 weeks ago Permalink
Aw…Thank you SO MUCH, Oana. You are SO SO SWEET I can have hot soup all year round, too; I hope you give this one a try. Thank you for being here, Oana Reply nicole (thespicetrain.com) 4 weeks ago Permalink
Perfect summer soup! I’m with ya – I still crave warm soup even when it’s “summer”….although summer in the Bay rarely ever gets too hot for soup Reply Mila 1 week ago Permalink
You jimmy johns may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <bloc

No comments:

Post a Comment