Monday, July 14, 2014

Recent Comments Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #11 | Tastefully Gluten Free said [

Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber and Avocado | Two Peas & Their Pod
On Monday, I shared my latest dessert obsession, Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bars . Today, I am sharing my latest salad obsession, Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado . It’s all about balance. If I eat this healthy quinoa salad for dinner, I can have a big Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bar for dessert. I like the way I think:)
We love making quinoa salads at our house and this one is a new favorite! My boys love it too…including the baby. He was doing jumping jacks after every bite:) I am glad he has good taste in food already!
I like to use black quinoa for this recipe because I like the contrast of black and green. It makes for a pretty salad:) I buy black quinoa at Whole Foods. You can also purchase it from Amazon . If you can’t find it or want to use regular quinoa that you already have in your cabinet, that is fine too! Regular quinoa will taste just as good!
The edamame, cucumber, avocado, green onion, and cilantro are the dream green team! I love all of the flavors and the bright green color is an added bonus. disco The simple Asian dressing is easy to whisk up and is the perfect finishing touch to this gorgeous salad!
This salad is best the day it is made, but I ate the leftovers the next day and it was still super tasty! The avocado browned a little, but not too bad. So if I was making this salad for a party or to serve for friends, I would make it the day of, but for just us, I am fine eating it the second day. Leftovers are my friend:) Just a little FYI!
Mix up your salad routine and make this Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado. It is sure to be a favorite at your house. And remember, it’s healthy so you can have ice cream for dessert:)
If you are looking for more quinoa salad recipes, here are a few of our favorite recipes! Enjoy! Charred Corn and Avocado Quinoa Salad Greek Quinoa Salad Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Asian Quinoa Salad Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado, and Lemon Basil Dressing Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Tomatoes Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, disco and Mint Quinoa with Butternut Squash, Dried Cranberries, and Pepitas
For the Quinoa Salad: 1 cup black quinoa (or regular quinoa) 2 cups water 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups shelled and cooked edamame 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped disco 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped 2 green onions, chopped 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro disco Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. First, rinse the quinoa. Add water, disco quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. disco Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, edamame, avocado, disco green onions, and cilantro. Gently stir. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
You’re disco the quinoa salad queen! Love this version and the color contrast with the avocado is gorgeous! pinned
There’s nothing like a poppin green salad! disco Not to mention making this for St. Patricks Day, move over beef and hash!
Loooove quinoa salads! This one looks delicious and perfect for summer!
17
Layla @ Brunch Time Baker — June 26, 2014 @ 10:50 am
Name (required)
Welcome to Two Peas and Their Pod. We share a love of cooking, baking, and entertaining. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and family friendly. Join us in our culinary adventures-our kitchen is always open! ...more disco
Recipe Archive - select - Appetizer Bars Beans/Legumes Biscuits Breakfast/Brunch Brownies Cake Candy Christmas COOKIES Crisps/Cobbler Cupcakes Desserts Drinks disco Frozen Desserts Gluten-Free Grains/Rice Holiday Josh’s Favorites Kitchen Remodel Little Pea Main Dishes Maria’s Favorites disco Meat/Seafood Muffins Pancakes disco Pasta Pies/Tarts Pizza Quick Breads Recipe Round-Up Salads Sandwiches Sauces/Condiments Scones Side Dishes Snack Soup Thanksgiving Vegan Vegetarian Wedding Yeast Breads
Recent Comments Gluten Free Weekly Meals (What I Ate Last Week) #11 | Tastefully Gluten Free said […] to it again and again when I’ve be... Two Peas said It is the BEST show ever! Someday I will meet Rigg... Italian Cooking: Week Two | Diary of a Perfectionist Wannabe said […] You can find the recipe HERE. […] Kara said I’ve never commented here before but I just... Julie @ Table for Two said This is perfect for me since I’m lactose-int...
Most Popular Posts Greek Tortellini Salad Strawberry disco Shortcake Cookies Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Bake Cucumber, Avocado, and Feta Salad Roasted Red Pepper, Arugula, and Mozzarella Sandwich {GIVEAWAY} Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bars


No comments:

Post a Comment