Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beautiful. I still haven


Fresh, quick and delicious – this salad takes less than 5 minutes to make, start to finish and there's no cooking involved, so it's perfect for the summer because you won't heat up your kitchen! This salad was inspired by an amazing vegan appetizer I had in Seaside Florida prepared for me by the staff at Raw and Juicy . It was so fresh and simple, houston texas I knew I was going to recreate it at home. Rather than dicing the zucchini into perfect little squares, I used my Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer   (my all time FAVORITE cooking gadget) and spiralized it instead plus I added some cooked shelled edamame sold in the salad section of my supermarket for protein. The results were fresh and fantastic – a MUST try!
And speaking of summer, as shorter hemlines houston texas and bathing suit weather approaches, I want to introduce you to my friend Erin Stutland – a life and fitness coach and the creator of Shrink Session: Tone Your Body, Expand Your Mind . She has been featured in Glamour Magazine, Shape, Daily Candy and more and people all over the world are currently experiencing her work. Erin and I got together last week in her little NYC kitchen to shoot a quick, fun cooking video to demonstrate just how easy this recipe is. Can you believe this is my FIRST cooking video on Skinnytaste? It's not perfect, but I don't think it's terrible for my first time. I plan on doing some more in the future to get more practice, you check it out here... Erin is a seasoned pro at making videos, and she has also created a workout that is unlike ANYTHING I have ever experienced before. I say that, because frankly, houston texas it doesn’t feel like a workout at all. What makes Shrink Session so DIFFERENT houston texas from your average workout is that it will definitely houston texas tone your bod, amp up your metabolism and burn fat. But it also helps you step into a more a confident, powerful, rock star part of yourself that you may not be in touch with on a daily basis. Erin is running houston texas a FREE 5 day Say it, Sweat it, Get it Challenge that starts June 2nd. You can sign up HERE . Don't miss it. I have no doubt that you are going to fall in love with the workouts and your body! Hope you enjoy the recipe – it's vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, clean, and delicious! Spiralized Raw Zucchini Salad with Avocado houston texas and Edamame Skinnytaste.com Servings: 1 • Size: 1 salad • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 7 pts Calories: 254 • Fat: 18 g • Carb: 20 g • Fiber: 9 g • Protein: 8 g • Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 19 mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg Ingredients: 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed houston texas off 1/2 lemon 1/2 tbsp olive oil kosher salt, to taste fresh black pepper, to taste 2 oz diced avocado (1/2 medium haas) 1/3 cup shelled cooked edamame 1 basil leaf, minced 1 tsp minced chive Directions: Use a spiralizer or a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade and cut the zucchini houston texas into thin spaghetti-like strands. Trim the strands into bite size lengths, about 8 inches long and place it in a large work bowl. Drizzle the olive oil, lemon juice, houston texas salt and pepper and toss. Dice the avocado into small pieces and add to the bowl along with the edamame, basil and chives. Serve right away and enjoy!
Beautiful. I still haven't buy a spiralizer, but I'm seriously houston texas considering it. I love all the different houston texas recipes where you've used it. I've never tried the zucchini-avocado combination, but now you've intrigued me. Don't be surprised if it soon makes an appearance on my blog, lol. Thanks. houston texas Reply Delete
Skinnytaste Gina 5/27/14, 1:48 PM
For someone who is allergic to avocado, would this salad be the same without it? Is there something I could add in its place? Thanks! Reply Delete
Hi, I love avocados but one of my daughters is allergic, you could replace the avocados with humus or I have used mashed green peas. We do a lot of Avocado stuff but when looking for a replacement houston texas the green peas seem to be the most popular. Delete
wonderful! Delete
Thank you so much, Gina, for these wonderful recipes. I plan to try this one soon as it looks fabulous. Having struggled for most of my life with my weight, I've only recently houston texas managed to lose the weight I needed to and keep it off (2+ years and going strong!). Your recipes have been a big part of my permanent lifestyle changes and have made healthy eating a real pleasure for me. There's so much variety among your recipes and there's really something for everyone. I even managed to get my husband to drop about 15 pounds without even trying just by feeding him your recipes. He loves them too and can't believe they've been lightened up. So, thank you again for the love and creativity you put into developing and sharing these recipes. You have truly made a difference for me! Reply Delete
ooo this looks delish! houston texas I just bought a spiralizer houston texas and I've houston texas been looking for the perfect recipe to try :) Yumm can't wait to try it out! R

No comments:

Post a Comment